Monday, September 14, 2009

5 minutes for Many Moments

I haven't been blogging because I'm just so overwhelmed with life right now. I'm overwhelmed that I'm so sick and nobody can tell me why, I'm overwhelmed that there is a mass of some sort behind the upper lid of my right eye...my good eye...I'm partially blind in my left, so I guess that notes the severity of my worry. I'm overwhelmed that certain people in my life are not pulling through for me, while others are, but I'm too overwhelmed to let them in. I'm overwhelmed that this is my life now. Growing with my husband with heart aching love, my guilt for making his life overwhelming, Sims3, TV, Planning our 20th Wedding we never had, medicating, crying, panicking, sleeping for 18 hours at a time, not making any money, not doing the one thing in life I was born to do because my will can be stronger than iron but my body betrays me...every time, gaining weight even though I'm eating less than 1100 calories a day, being told "It's the Meds", not being able to come off the meds, trying to keep my humor, trying to continue to reach out to those I love no matter how many times my hand gets batted away, letting people see me weak, fragile, brittle, breakable, frail, and worst of all...human.
I saw this video while looking at a professional photographer's blog. I took 5 minutes to let it sink in to me and I became overwhelmed with emotion over all the moments in life that we lose, overlook, and let us pass by. I've always found photography to be this amazing medium because one half second push of a button, captures a moment...forever. It's such a powerful and mesmerizing message. Do the same thing I did. Let it just sink in to you and let your mind wander over those moments that were never captured, even if you didn't want them to be. All those missed moments make us who we are, and we can only be thankful and grateful to those that pick up that piece of equipment and capture them.

No comments:

Post a Comment